Dr.-Ing. Holger Spachmann is partner of Stumpf Patentanwälte PartGmbB in Stuttgart since 2012 and head of the patent department.
After having passed an apprenticeship as electrician in a family-owned crafts enterprise, Dr. Spachmann served as corporal of the tank troops in military service. During his university studies, Dr. Spachmann specialized in electrical engineering at the TU Darmstadt and focused on communication technology and theory of electromagnetic fields. He completed a diploma degree in electrical engineering as best of his class. Dr. Spachmann is author of a dozen of worldwide published scientific publications and passed his PhD degree on a new numerical method for higher order electromagnetic field simulation with summa cum laude. During his university career, Dr. Spachmann was scholar of the German National Academic Foundation. After his scientific career, he became project leader and senior software development engineer of CST AG, responsible for a major electromagnetic software package for simulation of charged particle accelerating structures.
In 2005, Dr. Spachmann entered the world of intellectual property and started a dual-path education as German Patent Attorney by working in an IP firm as patent attorney candidate and student of FernUniversität Hagen in law for patent attorneys. In 2008, he passed the bar as German Patent and Trademark Attorney, and in 2011, he qualified as European Patent Attorney.
Dr Spachmann is specialized in prosecution and litigation of technical IP rights such as patents and utility models and in the field of employee invention law. His major fields of technology are software-related inventions, electronics, electrical engineering, green energy generation, mechanical engineering and automotive inventions. His clients range from individuals to worldwide acting large companies.
Dr. Holger Spachmann is managing partner of Stumpf Patentanwälte PartGmbB.
Dr. Holger Spachmann is member of the following organisations:
- German Chamber of Patent Attorneys
- AIPPI (Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle)
- FICPI (International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys)
- EPI (Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office)
- VPP (Association of Intellectual Property Experts)
- GRUR (Deutschen Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht)
- Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte e.V.
- Lions Club Altes Schloss, Stuttgart
- Alumni of Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes