After entering the profession in 2007 and five years' experience with an industrial property firm in Paris, Richard MONNI joined our team as patent engineer specialised in the fields of biology and biotechnologies.
Through ten years' technical experience gained in research laboratories of the Institute of Molecular Genetics and the Curie Institute at Paris, he acquired technical and scientific expertise in the field of molecular and cellular biology, human genetics, cancerology as well as normal and pathological haematology. His scientific background and experience in industrial property have enabled him to work in the fields of medicine, pharmacy, biology and biotechnologies and, to a lesser extent, in the field of medicinal chemistry as well as in fields as varied as cancerology, angiogenesis, haematopoiesis and thrombosis, immunology, diagnosis and prognosis methods for cancers and other pathologies, multipotent stem cells and cell differentiation and dedifferentiation methods, etc.
Richard MONNI, who joined our team in 2012, drafts patent applications and follows up grant procedures in France, Europe and the rest of the world (mainly the United States, Canada, Japan, China, India, Australia), providing consultancy services to his customers on their industrial property strategy and performing patentability and freedom-to-operate studies.
Richard MONNI is a member of LLR's Executive Committee.
INTERVENTIONS & CONFERENCES
- Speaker at User Day 2022 on « Online Filing 2.0 » of European Patent Office (November 28th)
- Speaker at PhDTalent Career Fair 2022 on « Career paths of CPI with a PhD » (October 21st)
- Co-animator of the training "Brevets pour les juristes" ("Brevets for Lawyers course") - CNCPI (19 and 26 January)
- Institute of Belgian Patent Attorneys
- Member of the jury of the French examination of aptitude of candidates for the registration on the list of qualified persons in industrial property (EQF), mention patents
- Speaker at the epi-CEIPI basic training in Paris on « Procédure de délivrance 3 : requête en examen, désignation d’États, phases de l’examen, examen accéléré, requêtes subsidiaires, délivrance et rejet » ("Grant procedure 3: Request for examination, designation of States, examination phases, accelerated examination, subsidiary requests, grant and rejection") and « Nouveauté : état de la technique, usage antérieur public, divulgation implicite, inventions de sélection » ("Novelty: prior art, public prior use, implied disclosure, selection inventions")
- Involvement in the training of IPCs and aspiring IPCs