After working in the "Trademark litigation" department of the French National Industrial Property Institute (INPI), Gilles Escudier practised his profession in several leading French industrial property firms. He joined our firm as a partner in 2004. His work includes trademark, design, domain name and unfair competition law for French and foreign customers including SMEs and large groups.
He provides consultancy services to customers in the field of protection and defence of industrial property rights, allowing them to set up a consistent strategy with respect to their size, markets and expectations, during availability searches and applications, in management of rights, in the context of oppositions or attack and defence litigations as well as to draw up contracts. He is specialised in trademark law in the wine-producing sector. He has participated in numerous conferences and written articles in various law reviews on this subject.
His customers are specialised in wine, pharmacy and cosmetics, automotive, signs and symbols, the environment and waste treatment, the food industry, museums, lighting and houses for the elderly. The customers include major brands, both mass distribution and luxury.Gilles Escudier is a member of LLR's Executive Committee.
- Association des praticiens du droit des marques et des modèles (APRAM)
- European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- 2012 : Breakfast-debate organised by LLR: «Specifications of medecines and cosmetics trademarks» conference
- 2011: JurisClasseur "Industrial property" - Article entitled "Cheval Blanc : l’art de franchir les obstacles avec panache !" (White horse: the art of crossing obstacles in style!) (No. 9, September 2011), comment on decision No. 09/02994 of the Bordeaux Court of Appeal
- 2010: Breakfast-debate organised by LLR: "Customs detention"
- 2010: LLR in-house lunch-debate: Presentation on "Validity of free non-notarised assignment acts"
- Since 2007: Organisation of in-house lunch-debates on a point of case-law in the presence of customers or foreign patent attorneys
- 2007: : Customer awareness training on industrial property: Presentation on "How to use the term bio "
- 2007: Customer awareness training on industrial property: Presentation on "Brands on the internet"
- 2004: Conference given in several French wine-producing regions "Trademarks and wine"
- 2003: JurisClasseur "Propriété industrielle" - Article entitled "Château Haut-Brion: une victoire après un long débat judiciaire" (Château Haut-Brion: victory after a long legal battle) (No. 10, October 2003), comment on decision No. C. 01-02.283 of the Supreme court of appeal
- 2003: La Semaine Juridique "Entreprises et affaires" - Article entitled "Conditions d'emploi du vocable "château" en matière de marques pour désigner des vins" (Conditions of use of the term "château" for trademarks to designate wines) (No. 25, 19 June 2003)