Clémence VALLEE-THIOLLIER works with national and international customers in the field of patent law, both as regards patent acquisition procedures and consultancy on freedom-to-operate and industrial property strategy.
Further to several years of professional experience in China, she has developed a specific know-how in Chinese industrial property law, to complete her original background in European and French IP laws. Clémence VALLEE-THIOLLIER is used to conduct training sessions about intellectual property in China or Europe, particularly for Chinese or European companies or for national offices of France (INPI, Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle) and China (SIPO, State Intellectual Property Office of China). She is also expert for the China IPR SME Helpdesk, co-funded by the European Union to provide help to European SMEs for their intellectual property rights in China.
Clémence VALLEE-THIOLLIER is involved in a wide range of technical fields in mechanics, telecommunications and IT (automotive, medical devices, metal casting, cosmetics, food industry, waste collection, petro chemistry, computer security, signal processing, web technologies, etc.).
Beyond the drafting of patent applications and the patent procedures in Europe (including oppositions) France, China, United States, Japan, etc., Clémence VALLEE-THIOLLIER is used to conducting in-depth freedom-to-operate studies (“FTO studies”), particularly in context of due diligences. Such FTO studies are especially adapted when companies are launching new products, by investigating the existence of conflicting patents and producing summaries classifying competing patents according to their nuisance power and a risk estimation.
She provides consultancy services to companies on definition of strategies, follow-up of litigations or negotiations, setting up of internal procedures, employee awareness and training on industrial property and valuation of the patent portfolio.
Clémence VALLEE-THIOLLIER is a member of LLR's Executive Committee.
- CNCPI (Compagnie Nationale des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle), member of the International Relations Committee
- Licensing Executive Society (LES)
- Expert for the China IPR SME Helpdesk, co-funded by the European Union
- Lecturer for training sessions about intellectual property in China or Europe for the national office of China (SIPO, State Intellectual Property Office of China) or for Chinese and European companies
- Previously, lecturer at the INPI (National Industrial Property Institute) as part of a course on the European patent
- Previously, lecturer at the EPI-CEIPI, training on the procedure provisions in the EPC
- Previously, lecturer at École des Mines de Nancy, the ICN Business School and Nancy École Nationale Supérieure d'Arts, as part of a course on design and innovation
- Previously, lecturer at École Centrale de Paris,organisation of tutorials
- Co-author of an industrial property awareness game, with the participants competing against each other so that they can obtain a better understanding of the market and the stakes related to industrial property (multimedia production in progress with the INPI)
- Member of the Board of Directors of FFE, developer and promoter of the CleverIP software