Thierry Debled worked as patent engineer for 26 years in various industrial companies (AGC: manufacture of flat glass, UCB: polymer, pharmacy, plastic films (packaging and banknotes) and Vesuvius: refractory materials and steel casting control devices).
From 1998 to 2016 with Vesuvius, he managed the international branch of the patent department which he created, organized and directed. He contributed to the generation and development of the company's patent portfolio. He also developed expertise in the definition of intellectual property strategies to support the company's sales activities and in licence contract negotiation. He has extensive experience in opposition proceedings with the European Patent Office.
Thierry Debled joined LLR as a versatile patent engineer. He drafts patent applications and follows European and international granting procedures. In addition, he advises clients on their industrial property strategy, assists them in litigation and carries out patentability and freedom-to-operate studies.
- LES BENELUX et LES France
- AIPPI et AnBPPI
- Associate professor at the University of Strasbourg (European patent law)
- Director of the International Section of the CEIPI
- Member of the CEIPI Administrative Council (and of the Board)
- Member of the Academic Advisory Council of the European Patent Academy
- CEIPI teacher (basic training courses and EQE preparation seminars)
- Lecturer (Universités Libre de Bruxelles, Catholique de Louvain, Université de Skopje)
- Member of the professional representative accreditation commission (Belgium)
- Member of the EPI Disciplinary Commission
- Member of the Intellectual Property Council (Belgium)