Guillaume de LA BIGNE is co-founder of the firm LLR. After having been Chief of the watch in the Navy, he worked for the firm General des Eaux (Veolia) in Méry-sur-Oise water treatment plant. In 1990, he joined one of the most important French industrial property firms.
Since 2000, he is managing partner of LLR. He advises a wide range of companies and public research organizations on the various aspects of their innovations. He also works with collective bodies such as chambers of commerce to raise awareness in industrial SMEs in industrial property protection strategies. He monitors procedures to obtain patents in France and abroad (drafting of patent applications, review procedures) for large companies, SMEs and public research organizations. He assists them in identifying the inventions to need to be protected and advises them on freedom of operation with respect to rights held by third parties. He also drafts contracts relating to industrial property.
He is very much involved in the development of LLR's expertise in litigation and has led many saisies-contrefaçon in various areas. He advises a large tyre manufacturer, automotive OEMs, manufacturers of medical devices and packaging manufacturers.
Born in Spain, he can follow procedures, discussions and disputes in Spanish, as easily as in French or English.
He participated in establishing LLR China in Beijing and continues to support its development in defence of the interests of French and European companies in China.
He remains involved in the training of new generations of professionals. So, he intervenes at the Institut National de la Propriété Industrielle (INPI) and at the Ecole des Hautes Études Appliquées du Droit.
Guillaume de La Bigne is a member of LLR's Executive Committee.
Guillaume de La Bigne is also a mediator specialized in industrial property registered on the list maintained by the International Arbitration Chamber of Paris. He organized with IFOMENE a mediation training programme for industrial property attorneys.
- Teacher at the "Médiation & PI" ("Mediation & IP") course of the module "Propriété industrielle à l’ère du numérique : Brevets, licences et construction d’un portefeuille PI" ("Industrial Property in the Digital Age: Patents, Licences and Construction of an IP Portfolio") at the École des Hautes Études Appliquées du Droit (23 March 2022)
- Union pour la Juridiction Unifiée du Brevet (UJUB - Union for the Unified Patent Court)
- European Patent Litigators Association (EPLIT)
- Association des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle (ACPI)
- International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- Réseau C.U.R.I.E. (Coopération des Services Universitaires de Relations Industrielles et Économiques)
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Association des Praticiens Européens des Brevets (APEB)
- 2020: CCI FRANCE CHINA Webinar "Dispute resolution in China-related intellectual property and technology transfer contracts: arbitration, mediation and litigation". Intervention "Mediation as a method of dispute resolution in intellectual property cases: French experience" (10 June)
- 2019: Game All Over #4" exhibition. Speaker at the talk "Using games in the recruitment process" (13 June)
- 2019: C.U.R.I.E. Congress. Speaker at the workshop "Mediation and Industrial Property" (4 June)
- 2018: Project Commission "Innovation & Industry of the Future" of the France China Committee. Presentation on "Product quality and safety in China" (5 July)
- 2018: Morning meeting ACPI - CAIP "Innovation & Mediation: a duo for the future". Moderator of the round table "Decoding a mediation" (19 June)
- 2017: FICPI 17th Open Forum Venice. Moderator of the session "Finding the Right People: How to find and get the people you need" (26 October)
- 2017: AAPI Conference "The Inventive Activity". Intervention "The debate on inventive activity before the JUB" (15 June)
- 2016: BUSINESS FRANCE Impact Tour. Intervention at the boot camp "Intellectual property protection strategy in China" (14 November)
- 2016: FICPI 16th Open Forum St. Petersburg. Intervention at the session "Quality Control - Using Quality Assurance Methods to Bring your Firm to the Next Level" (6 October)
- 2016: Involvement in the UJUB Mock Trial of June 6 (Opt Out)
- 2012: The Handbook of European Intellectual Property Management: "How to limit a patent" (3rd edition)
- 2011: Eure-et-Loir CCI Innovation Forum. Organisation of a workshop on the theme: "Protecting an innovation: trademark, patent or model?"
- 2010: Eure-et-Loir CCI Innovation Forum. Participation in a round table on the theme "Key points for a successful innovative project".
- 2010: Breakfast-debate organised by LLR: "The advantages of American, Chinese and European industrial property rights"
- 2009: Member of the Scientific Committee of the "Salon Européen de la Recherche & de l'Innovation" (SERI)
- 2009: "Innovate in Eure-et-Loir" forum. Participation in a round table on the theme "Industrial property: What to protect, when, how?"